The summer days on the water will soon come to end! If you are unsure of what to do with your boat, we can help! Street Smart Storage offers Wilmington NC boat storage to help our customers this winter. Do you not have enough room for your boat? Is it taking up too much space? At Street Smart Storage, we offer plenty of storage space for your water-borne vehicles.
Prior to storing watercraft, it is important to follow important guidelines to ensure it is safe, secure and ready for use following its time in storage. Below are some helpful tips to get you started.
Top 5 Boat Storage Recommendations
- Grab some absorbent towels to wipe down the boat to extract any remaining salt water. Long term salt water exposure can, and will damage your boat otherwise.
- In order to avoid stinky odors, it is recommended that all interior doors and lockers remain open. Doing so will ensure fresh air circulates through its time in storage.
- Leaving your boat exposed to the elements is never a good idea. Ensure you shield your water-borne vehicle with a the appropriate cover.
- Make sure rodents are blocked from entering by plugging all openings with steel wool. Just do not forget to remove it before returning your craft to the water.
- If your boat is going to be sitting for several months it is crucial that you store it with a full tank of gas an add an appropriate fuel stabilizer.
Storing the camper for the a few months does have to be a daunting task. Street Smart Storage offers Wilmington NC boat storage to make your life easier.
If you are new to storage, do not worry. Our self-storage professionals have the expert advice to make sure everything is squared away. If you need boat storage, look no further. Stop by our office or rent/reserve online today.