As the kids prepare to go back to school, you may be doing a little preparation yourself; Street Smart Storage can help. Self storage tips for the winter months are handy when it comes time to move everything to the storage unit. From choosing the right space, to storing your gear, to the easiest way to pack your belongings, our storage experts are here to help.
Swapping your seasons with self storage tips
Summer holiday vacation concept with flat modern icons inside ice cream
- Planning on taking the boat out of the water for winter? Our Wilmington NC parking spaces are secure and convenient for storing large items, like RVs and boats.
- Instead of trapping mildew under a heavy tarp in your storage unit, use a moisture absorbent, like DampRid. St condensation before it appears.
- To winterize outdoor wood furniture, use a brush with soap and water to lift dirt and grim off. Keep it spotless and ready for next year, by placing a thick furniture cover over top. We sell a variety of furniture covers, in our office along with moving supplies you need.
- Notice a little rust on the grill or fire pit? Before moving it to the storage unit, light sand the area to stop rust from spreading.
- Take care of your camping gear, by laying everything out and apply a waterproof sealant.
Self storage for seasonal gear, cleans out your garage and shed in time for winter. When you want the extra space around the house, Street Smart Storage is there to help. Our Wilmington NC storage facility provides a level of security that will keep your mind at ease and your belongings safe. Using these self storage tips will put you on the right track to storing like a professional.
Ready to start renting? Choose your storage rental online
and get back to doing what you love.